Magdalena Osinska is an award-winning animation director, as well as designer and animator. She has experience working on animated short and feature films, commercials and TV. She has worked with Aardman Animations, Arthur Cox, Illuminated Film Company, Breakthru Films, Animoon, Studio Miniatur Filmowych and Se-Ma-For Company.
Magdalena graduated from the National Polish Film School in Lodz in 2008 with her film „Joyets (Radostki)” which is now being developed into a TV series produced by Illuminated Film Company. In 2010 she completed the MA course at National Film and televisionSchool on Animation Direction, graduating with her film „Zbigniev’s Cupboard”.
After graduating from NFTS Magdalena directed „Spirits of the piano” produced by Breakthru Films. It is a 3d stereoscopic puppet animation; it received Best of the Fest 3D Shorts at the Hollywood 3DFF festival and was long-listed for an Academy Award.
Magdalena has worked on Aardman’s The Itch of the Golden nit and The Pirates! In an Adventure with scientists as well as the Swedbank commercial series. She has also directed commercials for Gu and HSBC and worked on Disney series „Nina needs to go” with Arthur Cox company.
In 2013/14 Magdalena was an Animation Director of Jan Jakub Kolski’s latest feature film. She is also working on the development of two feature films Jasia and Pelican.
Awards for Spirits of the Piano:
- Best of the Fest 3D Short Film at 3D Film & Music Festival (3DFF), Los Angeles
- Best Musical Animation, ReAnimania IAFFY, Armenia
Awards for Zbigniev’s Cupboard:
- London International Animation Festival 2010 - Audience Award
- Best Animation Award at the International Iasi Film Festival, Romania
- Best Student Film at BALKANIMA, Belgrade
- Best Animated Film at REGIOFUN, Katowice, Poland
- Nomination to the Best Animation Award at Grand Off, Warsaw
- Nomination to the MPSE Golden Reel Awards, Los Angeles
Awards for Joyets film:
- OFAFA(Polish Festival of Animated Films) – Cracow, Poland 2009 - Distinction
- Solothurn, Switzerland 2009 – 2nd prize of the public
- Babiana, Slovakia 2008 - An Award of Saint Wojciech
- Reanimation, Poland 2008 – Distinction
- Era New Horizons, Poland 2008 – Distinction
- Animation now! Festival, Poland
Award for Here and here:
- Opolskie Lamy Festival, Opole, Poland - Second prize
Format Court: ’s-cupboard-de-magdalena-osinska/